Friday 7 November 2014

Me 261

This was due some repair work after I'd mistakenly stuck one of the main wheels on backwards after a previous repair! Gave it a dust, removed and reset some wonky props and put the undercarriage on the correct way round. I also added the nav lights on the wing tips as I often forget these.


This was a resin kit, probably by Planet and usually way out of my financial reach for a kit. Fortunately I was sent it for review by Scale Aircraft Modeller International and I was careful to get as clean a finish as possible. The whole of the upper forward fuselage is a single clear vac-form piece and this is very fragile so it was supported with plastic strip around the edges so it would survive filling and sanding.... just. It did well at the local club night despite not having masses of weathering and panel shading. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment